Published: May 2018
An adventure guide in book form, The Girl Outdoors offers support and knowledge, empowering the reader, whether she's thinking about cycling the length of Vietnam or just needs help fixing her bike. Packed with stunning photography, the book is organized into four main parts:
- Active Outdoors shares the wildest activities on land and water and how to get started on everything from mountain biking to kayaking and night hiking to paddleboard yoga.
- Wild Adventures takes you farther with your outdoor skills, from canoe camping to cycle touring, building your own wild house, and holding mini festivals.
- Wild Cooking, Crafts, and Wellbeing looks at the everyday wild lifestyle, including how to build a fire, forage, grow your own fruits and veggies, become a pro at outdoor photography, and keep up energy levels with delicious recipes.
- Wanderlust takes it farther, providing advice on planning weekend and longer trips, essential equipment lists, and tips on long-term backpacking and traveling, as well as working and volunteering abroad.
Scattered throughout are enticing ideas for fabulous adventures all over the world, from canoe camping in Canada to hiking in the Arctic Circle. Whether it's going on a physically demanding adventure or making cordial from homegrown flowers, this beautiful book is packed with inspiring and attainable ideas for the wild life.
This item is on the shelf at the following Harry Hartog shops. Please contact the shop to hold your copy.
* Availability and price subject to change at any time.