Published: September 2014
Hands-on, inspiring - and funny - this Aussie classic is the bottom line for new dads on pregnancy, birth, newborns and young children
Dr Peter Downey knows babies and kids, and his best-selling book - now in this 20th-year anniversary edition - helps first-time dads prepare for what's coming their way . . . with a grain of salt and a smile on their face. Fully revised and updated, he explores the joys and trials of new parenting, including:
* Surviving pregnancy and childbirth
* Nappies, breast pumps, sleep deprivation
* Living with a baby in your house
* The gear you need . . . and the gear you don't
* Navigating the online parenting world
* Lots of stuff about sex
* And more importantly, how to be a switched-on dad in the 21st Century
Topped off with a glossary of handy words new dads need to know (and some they don't), as well as words of wisdom from other ordinary fathers, So You're Going to Be a Dad remains the most engaging, reassuring and down-to-earth book for new dads around.
Peter Downey is the best-selling author of marriage and parenting books, as well as being the father of three girls. www.peterdowney.com.au
This item is on the shelf at the following Harry Hartog shops. Please contact the shop to hold your copy.
* Availability and price subject to change at any time.