Published: May 2017
So much of modern motherhood is targeted at looking good, even when you feel crap, and making your baby look good, even when he or she won't settle or feed or stop crying - all in the shortest time possible.
Hello Baby! uncovers all the myths of perfection new mums see on Instagram and provides down-to-earth, no nonsense advice about everything you need to know about your baby's first year.
With casual style and a hilarious sense of humour, Heather Irvine, a psychologist and mother who works with new mums every day, acts as the friend sitting across from you in a cafe who always understands, constantly reassures, gives you the best practical pointers and shares her muffin with you.
Hello Baby! is packed full of the latest information on issues that affect modern Australian mums, including:
* What a mother needs to know about herself in the first few months
* How to get your baby sleeping soundly
* Essential tips to boost your feel-good factor
* De-stress techniques like meditation and mindfulness
* Managing those really dark days
* Tips for bonding with your baby
* Coping with mother-in-laws and post-baby friendship fluctuations
* Getting the zing back into your relationship
* Returning to work
* Navigating social media as a new mum