Published: March 2018
An engaging and practical guide to the easy and nature-inspired ways that Finns stay happy and healthy - including the powerful concept of sisu, or everyday courage.
Sisu - a kind of everyday courage - is the Finnish approach to well-being that is turning lives around. In this beautiful book - part memoir, part guide - Katja shows how to embrace the daily practices that make Finns among the happiest people in the world.
Discover sisu through...
* Movement as medicine: How walking, biking and swimming every day are good for what ails us-and best done outside the confines of a gym
* Forest therapy: Why there's no substitute for getting out into nature on a regular basis
* Healthy eating: What the Nordic diet can teach us all about feeding body, mind and soul
* The gift of sisu: Why Finns embrace a special form of courage, grit and determination as a national virtue - and how anyone can dig deeper to survive and thrive through tough times.
In Finding Sisu discover the ways in which you too can integrate this age-old philosophy of hope and perseverance into your life, wherever you are in the world, whatever challenges you may face.
Find your courage. Find your grit. Find your sisu.
This item is on the shelf at the following Harry Hartog shops. Please contact the shop to hold your copy.
* Availability and price subject to change at any time.