Format: Paperback / softback
Published: August 2008
* This VIZBIG edition of Dragon Ball Z contains volumes 4-6, bonus color content, and updated text.
* Dragon Ball is the best-selling manga series in Japan.
* The Dragon Ball & Dragon Ball Z series combined have sold through more than one million GNs in the U.S. to date (BookScan).
* Over 11.7million Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z videos & DVDs have sold through in the U.S. to date (VideoScan).
* Every volume of the Dragon Ball series is still selling to this day. There are 42 volumes total and they debuted in the U.S. in 2000!
* Toriyama has a strong fan base in the U.S.
* Dragon Ball & Dragon Ball Z have also spawned numerous video games, which consistently rank in the top ten in national sales.
* A live action Dragon Ball Z movie is currently in production to be released theatrically in Summer 2008.
The ultimate science fiction martial arts manga - and one of the best-selling series of all time - Dragon Ball Z is the second half of Toriyama's touchstone saga, Dragon Ball. After years of training and adventure, Son Goku has become Earth's ultimate warrior, and his son, Gohan, shows even greater promise. But the strikes are increasing as even deadlier enemies threaten the planet - and means non-stop action!
With the mighty Kaio-ken amplifying his strength, Goku fights Vegeta in a desperate battle to save the world--only to find that the elite Saiyan warrior is even stronger than his new techniques! In desperation, Goku calls upon the Genki-dama, the "spirit ball," drawing power from the Earth, its people, plants, and animals. But alone, even Goku is not enough. The last worn-out survivors, Gohan, Kuririn, and Yajirobe, must rush back into the fray to beat the unbeatable Vegeta...as their enraged foe vows to not only wipe out the human race, but destroy the planet Earth itself!